Cold Reading- Workshop
Saturday the 9th of September 12 noon to 2pm
Join our waiting list
for next available dates
Includes 2 hour interactive zoom workshop.
Included 1 hour private additional coaching feedback via zoom per student worth £50 ( must be taken within 3 weeks of the original workshop session )
Taught by highly experienced acting coaches & industry professionals who are qualified to teach
Practice this core acting skill, needed for castings, auditions, table reads and rehearsals
Royalty free scripts and materials
Complete beginners welcome
25% discount for students currently enrolled on a qualifying online course
Students who are aged 18 and above, there is no upper age limit.
Opportunity to join ‘The Cold Reading Club'
Group work, partner work and solo reading exercises.
Limited places & class size.
3 hours Total: 2 hours workshop + 1 hour private coaching
Queries & Waiting list email@example.com
Zoom places are subject to tutor/workshop capacity and are offered on a first come first served basis. To qualify for discounted rates all bookings must be submitted and fees paid by the offer closing date. Payment can be made via PayPal or via BACS invoice upon request during booking ( 48 hours issue ). Check out is available using the PayPal blue button below, using your PayPal account or as a guest. To check to see if you qualify for a 25% discount, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we can check student records and issue a personalised voucher code.
Terms of Service-
Zoom Workshop Agreement
1. In the interests of privacy the zoom meeting digital link, ID and password will be provided to each student 48 days before the event.
2. Meeting details must not be shared publicly or with third parties and are for the booked/invited student only.
3. It is the student's responsibility to make sure that they have received the meeting link prior to the workshop.
4. Only the individual who’s name is submitted during the booking process can take part in the zoom workshop.
5. Workshop places are only currently offered to students who are aged 18 and above, there is no upper age limit.
6. So that students can feel safe and secure as they practice, learn and make mistakes, filming, recording, including audio recordings of the workshop are prohibited.
7. No permissions will be granted by a tutor or workshop participating students, to allow use of their image, likeness or voice in any such recordings.
8. Teaching strategies, work sheets, files, scripts and materials are subject to copyright and cannot be shared.
9. It is expected that an individual joins in with the workshop exercises. However, if there are exercises that a student actor does not feel comfortable with, then they can request to observe that exercise undertaken by other students, without pressure from the tutor.
10. If you have issues with sight-reading we suggest that you make this known during booking, so that tutors can tailor the event and develop a specific teaching approach for you.
11. Some script files will be sent in the following ways, 48 hours prior to the workshop ( script file pack & instructions ), 15 minutes prior to the workshop and other files during the workshop, to mimic real cold reading scenarios. Files will always be sent as pdf’s. Tutors will give students opportunity to print scripts and specific instructions per script, prior to each read. In some situations they will ask you not to pre-read scripts, so that you are unrehearsed and practice cold reading in real time without pre-knowledge. If you wish to cold read your script from a digital device or desktop during the workshop you may do so. It is a student’s responsibility to assure they have received their script file pack.
12. An additional 1 hour of private coaching and feedback is included in the workshop fee and is available for every participating student after the initial workshop has taken place. Feedback is based upon your performance within the zoom workshop and must be taken within 3 weeks of the workshop session, to maximise both the student and tutor’s memory of the event. Tutors will begin writing feedback notes immediately after the workshop in preparation for private coaching. This additional 1 hour session will be arranged at a mutually convenient time between student and tutor.
13. If feedback requires further cold reading practice, then tutors may provide another actor within the private coaching feedback session, to facilitate reading in for other characters, so that the tutor can focus on the student’s performance. This will be dependant on the type of feedback that is necessary.
14. Filming or recording of private coaching sessions is prohibited.
15. Private coaching feedback sessions are non transferable and have no cash in value for sessions not taken.
16. Minimum size main zoom workshop is 2 students, maximum 16.
17. The workshop will cover group exercises, partner exercises and solo individual exercises.
18. A zoom workshop etiquette guide will be sent to all students within their script file pack.
19. Others students within the workshop will be expected to listen, observe and act as an audience for their peers and often feedback if requested.
20. If a student misses their booked workshop and or private coaching session, they may be given the opportunity to take part in a future session.
21. If a student experiences technical problems, the tutor will ask them to keep attempting to join the zoom workshop, up until 30mins into the workshop session. After which if a student has been unable to join the meeting, the tutor will arrange an alternative for the student after the workshop has completed.
22. If a tutor experiences technical problems- they will attempt to keep trying - this may mean that a workshop session runs over, as the tutor attempts to make up the time. Please allocate further time after 2pm, to accommodate this possibility. In the unlikely event that a tutor experiences technical issues, meaning that a workshop cannot go ahead and all efforts have been made to undertake the workshop, then a future time and date will be made available.
23. Force majeure- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond tutor’s reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; fire, explosion, storm, flood, severe snow, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government. Tutor’s performance under this agreement is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues and they will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period.
24. The workshop is taught in English, with scripts also written in the English language.
25. Different scripts are provided, so that students do not ‘hear’ their script read by others in practice during the workshop.
26. Scripts cannot be used outside of the zoom workshop and are subject to copyright.
27. Script file packs and instructions are subject to copyright and must not be shared outside of the zoom workshop. Pre-published materials may be used, if so they cannot be used outside of the zoom workshop and can only be used for educational purposes only.
28. Tutors ask zoom participants to be ready at 11.45am and to join the meeting. Tutors will admit students from the Zoom waiting room at 12 Noon.
29. If a student does not make contact with a tutor, or join the meeting ( workshop/private coaching), then no alternative or refund will be given.
30. Cancellations can be made two weeks prior to the main workshop with either an alternative date or refund given.
31. BACS internet banking invoices may take 48 hours to issue.